Dr. Abdul Karim Naik
Dr A. K. Naik is a senior Psychiatrist with keen interest in religion, philosophy and social psychiatry. He was President of BPS in the year 1994 – 95. He also played crucial role in defending BPS during administrative hurdles faced in early 90s.
Dr. Abdul Karim Naik Best Paper Award
This award was instituted in 1996 in recognition of his contribution. The award is for original research work by young mental health professionals to be presented on the annual day of the BPS. Evaluation is based on content of the paper and presentation.
- None of the authors should be above 30 years as of 31st March of the year it is being awarded.
- For the sake of uniformity, instructions to the contributors published in the IJP need to be followed.
- Research must be based on work done in India.
- It must not have been presented in any scientific journal.
- The principal author and 50% of all authors must be members of the BPS.
- One hard copy and a soft copy of the paper should be sent.
- Four best papers will be selected for the oral presentation.